Short hairstyles are often associated with drastic life changes. This is because women have been historically expected to have long hair and to cut one's hair really short was a sign of protest to the norms. Nowadays, short haircuts do not only indicate a fearless and commanding attitude but it can also stand for a fun and easygoing persona too. Some of the most iconic short cuts in history are:
• The pixie – you cannot talk about short hair without talking about the pixie, which was first popularized by Twiggy, Mia Farrow and Vidal Sassoon models in the 1960s. Nowadays many celebrities sport many versions of the pixie such as Victoria Beckham, Michelle Williams, Emma Watson, Anne Hathaway and Pink, making the pixie cut and its variants one of the most sought after haircuts all over the world for so many years.
• The bob – another popular cut from years back is the bob. Medium length hair underwent major transformation when the bob came around. The good thing about the bob is it can also be curled into soft waves ala flapper girls and socialite Zelda Fitzgerald in the roaring '20s and Jackie O's bob.
• The bowl cut – thanks to the mop top of The Beatles, women answered with their versions that have straight fringes. The bowl cut has undergone many versions in recent years with asymmetrical ends and feathered tips.
• The short voluminous curls – who can forget the Marilyn Monroe and Madonna hair? It might have been several decades since they started the trend but short voluminous curls are still very much alive especially as formal event hairstyles.
• The shaved crop – not everyone can pull off a shaved crop like Demi Moore or Natalie Portman so women who can be extra eye-catching.
Short haircut trends are very desirable nowadays. Women who prefer it short have varied reasons, some want a radical change; some want a lighter feeling or freedom from the weight of long tresses, others simply got tired of the time, effort and money that go into maintaining long locks. Whatever your reasons are for wanting a shorter 'do, it is important to take into consideration the shape of your face, your lifestyle and personality too. Once you get a short haircut, you might have too much fun and there is a high chance you would not want longer hair for a much longer time.
Short hairstyles bring a gush of
fresh air to the typical long tresses that need a lot of maintenance and
time. If you don’t want to keep tucking your hair at the back of your ear
every 5 minutes and don’t want to spend hours trying to tame the strands
then a close cut hair style is a must. Here is a gallery of all the short
haircuts imaginable and many that can be achieved in less than 5 minutes and
are great for every occasion.
• Bangs or a Fringe - Who said fringes are only for long hair. If you have a slightly longer bob, then you can wear sexy bangs to makeover your look. Aligned bangs that fall just over the eye brows look great with straight hair. However, if you have wavy hair, then you can choose side-swept bangs to change the way you look and feel, they are the most endearing hair style of this season.
• Spikes - An exclusive hairstyle for cropped hair,
a few spikes can make you look like a punk or a rocker. Not only this, when teamed up with softer and girlish accessories, they can even give you a very feminine but bold look. Heart shaped and longer faces can carry this look off very nicely. If you want to say ‘look at me, I have arrived’ without uttering a single word, spikes are what you need. They are instant attention gatherers.
• Crops and Chops - Are becoming the most popular close cut styles this season. If you want to look a little messy and make a statement at the same time, you must get your hair cropped at the back and chopped at the side. These uneven asymmetrical cuts make you look like you came straight out of the bed without actually doing so. They also add a lot of volume to your hair, if your hair is already thick, you don’t really need to do much. However, if your hair is thinner, then you must use some hair protein, mousse and a hard styling gel to pull of this look. Make sure it looks good or you can really appear like you didn’t care about touching your hair after you got up.
• Curves or curls - Most hairstyles are compatible with inward or outward curves at the end of the strand. It all depends on what look you want to sport. If you want to frame your face, then inward curls are better and if you want to make it appear rebellious and messy, then outward curls would be your choice.
When you have close cut hair, it's extremely desirable to
style your hair and make it fashionable. Short tresses need to have volume and
something special done to it to make it look better, so that others will
perceive it better. It's also worth remembering that cropped hair often
highlights your facial features so choose a haircut that is
going to work well with your face shape. Some of our face shapes are oval, some are round,
some are square and some are even heart-shaped. This is why you need to
really consider what your exact face shape is and what type of haircut
you're going to need to carry it off best. You can make your hair straight and comb it to the
side or forward, or you can make it spiky or you can even curl
your hair. There are so many different varieties, the possibilities are really endless and they are entirely up to
you but take recommendations of experts! The best way to find a haircut you are going to like, is to look at pictures
of others and find what experts recommend. Chances are, there's an expert
in your local salon that can advise which look would be
perfect for you. By looking at the hair cuts of celebrities and seeing what
others have done to dress up their hair, you can implement those ideas for
your own hair. Remember that hair care is extremely important keeping good
care of your hair is very important to maintaining its volume and shape. You
will want to regularly shampoo and condition your hair and use
the right types of products. To keep your hair in the best position
possible, be sure to use shampoos and conditioners that are organic and
derived from plants and natural compounds. You may also want to reduce how
often you straighten or curl your hair, as the heat can damage hair if done
too regularly. Remember that the color of your hair may change across the
seasons! Hair color changes depending on how much sunlight it is exposed to.
For this reason, you need to consider coloring your hair based on the
specific season that you are in. If it is summer, you will probably want to
go with a darker hair color because the sun is what makes you fairer.
If it's winter, then you may want to go lighter to brighten up your hair and
make it look like it does in the summer. It's all about getting back to your
natural, beautiful color.