There are many choices to make in life and choosing a short hairstyle is as important as many so to help you in yor decision there are plenty here.
What haircut to choose next is a perennial cycle of decisions for many women. Historically women were expected to have long
hair and to go shorter
could mean a rebellious nature. In recent decades a shorter look has become perfectly acceptable. Some iconic short hairstyles in history are:
• The pixie – you cannot talk about short hairstyles without
considering the pixie, pioneered by Twiggy, Mia Farrow and Vidal Sassoon models in the 1960s its as relevant now as ever. Nowadays many celebrities sport many versions of the pixie such as Victoria Beckham, Michelle Williams, Emma Watson, Anne Hathaway and Pink, making the pixie cut and its variants one of the most sought after cuts all over the world for so many years.
• The bob – another popular cut from years back is the bob. Medium length hair underwent major transformation when the bob came around. The good thing about the bob is it can also be curled into soft waves ala flapper girls and socialite Zelda Fitzgerald in the roaring '20s and Jackie O's bob.
• The bowl cut – thanks to the mop top of The Beatles, women answered with their versions that have straight
bangs/fringe. The bowl cut has undergone many versions in recent years with asymmetrical ends and feathered tips.
• Voluminous curls – who can forget the Marilyn Monroe and Madonna do? It might have been several decades since they started the trend but short voluminous curls are still very much alive especially at formal events.
• The shaved crop – not everyone can pull off a shaved crop like Demi Moore or Natalie Portman so women who can
are extra eye-catching. Women who prefer it short have varied reasons, some want a radical change; some want a lighter feeling or freedom from the weight of long tresses, others simply got tired of the time, effort and money that go into maintaining long locks. Whatever your reasons are for wanting a shorter 'do, it is important to take into consideration the shape of your face, your lifestyle and personality too. Short styles bring a gush of
fresh air to the typical long tresses that need a lot of maintenance and
time. If you don’t want to keep tucking behind your ear
every 5 minutes and don’t want to spend hours trying to tame the strands
then a close cut style is a must. Here is a gallery of all the short
haircuts imaginable and many that can be achieved in less than 5 minutes and
are great for every occasion.
• Bangs or a Fringe - Who said fringes are only for girls with long hair. If you have a slightly longer bob, then you can wear sexy bangs to makeover your look. Aligned bangs that fall just over the eyebrows look great with straight locks. However, if you have naturally wavy locks, then you can choose side-swept bangs to change the way you look and feel, they are the most endearing style of this season.
• Spikes - An exclusive style for crops,
a few spikes can make you look like a punk or a rocker. Not only this, when teamed up with softer and girlish accessories, they can even give you a very feminine but bold look. Heart shaped and longer faces can carry this look off very nicely. If you want to say ‘look at me, I have arrived’ without uttering a single word, spikes are what you need. They are instant attention gatherers.
• Crops and Chops - Are becoming the most popular close cut styles this season. If you want to look a little messy and make a statement at the same time, you must get cropped at the back and chopped at the side. These uneven asymmetrical cuts make you look like you came straight out of the bed whether
you have or not. They also add a lot of volume and if your strands are already thick, you don’t really need to do much. However, if you're a bit thinner, then you may want to use some protein mousse and a hard styling gel to pull of this look. Make sure it looks good or you can really appear like you didn’t care about touching your hair after you got up.
• Curves or curls - Most styles are compatible with inward or outward curves at the end of the strand. It all depends on what look you want to sport. If you want to frame your face, then inward curls are better and if you want to make it appear rebellious and messy, then outward curls would be your choice.
If you're after a longer cut try
Cuts and styles for short hair.
When you go close cut, it's extremely desirable to
style your hair and make it fashionable. Short tresses may need to have volume and
something special done. It's also worth remembering that going cropped often
highlights your facial features so choose a cut that is
going to work well with your face shape. Some of our face shapes are oval, some are round,
some are square and some are even heart-shaped. This is why you need to
really consider what your exact shape is and what type of haircut
you're going to need to carry it off best. You can go straight and comb to the
side or forward, or you can opt for spiky or you can even go curly. There are so many different varieties, the possibilities are really endless and they are entirely up to
you but take recommendations of experts! The best way to find a cut you are going to like, is to look at pictures
of others and find what experts recommend. Chances are, there's an expert
in your local salon that can advise which look would be
perfect for you. By looking at the looks of celebrities and seeing what
others have done, you can implement those ideas for
will want to regularly shampoo and condition and use
the right types of products. To keep your mane in the best condition
possible, be sure to use shampoos and conditioners that are organic and
derived from plants and natural compounds. You may also want to reduce how
often you straighten or curl, as the heat can cause damage if done
too regularly. Remember that the color may change across the
seasons! Hair color changes depending on how much sunlight it is exposed to.
For this reason, you may want to consider coloring based on the
specific season that you are in. If it is summer, you will probably want to
go with a darker color because the sun is what makes your tresses fairer.
If it's winter, then you may want to go lighter to brighten up your hair and
make it look like it does in the summer. It's all about getting back to your
natural, beautiful color.